100% Waterproof and dustproof8.5/10
Powerful 10,000mAh built-in battery8.6/10
100 watts at max output power drives8.0/10
Connect to Siri or Ok Google8.5/10
3 year parts and labor warranty8.2/10
- 100W loud sound and Outstanding battery life
- Easy to move as like a suitcase and Stylish design
- Easy to use and Comes with storage compartment
- Sturdy and durable and Multipurpose use
- Waterproof and dustproof and Floating capability
- The bass is little weak
- It doesn’t deliver top-notch sound
Ecoxgear Eco trek GDI-EXTRK210 Rugged Waterproof Floating Portable Bluetooth Wireless 100 Watt Stereo Smart Speaker and PA System (Gray)
ECOXGEAR EcoTrek is one of the best speakers in the market. Before I write a review article for these wireless speakers such as Ecoxgear Eco trek I will talk about the manufacturer. They are gathering experience many yearn on electronics business. Consequently, we feel the manufacturer is most important for an electronic product. A reputed manufacturer does not introduce a low grad product to the market. There is a reason it might crash-down its business in the future.
Ecoxgear’s headquarters is locating in San Diego, California. They are having an estimated 90 employees and their annual estimated revenue of 8.1M. So, it seems a good Company to us. Ecoxgear claims they are the first patented Company for waterproof speakers.
Background of the company that you can keep in your mind
The Company is focusing on making electronics products for an outdoor arena. So, ECOXGEAR later goes to charge the business pattern to produce some electronics products. They later go to produce items like portable speakers, power banks, solar, and more. They are producing speakers not only water-resistant but also WATERPROOF.
Most of the audiophile realizes that a speaker can either make or break your outdoor party. Whether it is at the beach, by the pool, or a tailgate party. So, if you want to make an impressive party you will need a speaker that can handle high volume. For doing this you can truly compromise the quality of sound and battery life.
The party doesn’t have to end until somebody commands the speaker off the dock. It is because of this suitcase-sized speaker floats. It also plays crisp, room-filling music that we ‘Best Wireless Speaker’ had tested into our office’s sound testing room. Ecoxgear Eco trek is absolutely a big, loud, featured portable multiple-use speaker.
Design of the product ECOXGEAR EcoTrek
At your first look, you may mistake as a traveler’s luggage because of its big size design. The Ecoxgear Eco trek true size is 19.8-by-15.5-by-11.3-inch (HWD), with a telescoping luggage-style handle and wheels. You may worry about its 27-pound weight to carry but, its luggage-style handle with wheels. These two very strongly built side handles for easy carrying it around.
- The Ecoxgear Eco trek ruggedly built with grilles all over it. The Eco trek is rating IP67. This means it’s not only protecting from dust but also fully waterproof. You can use to float too, which is preferable to all customers. In addition, there’s an including a waterproof bag for a smartphone. It suitably fits inside the Velcro-attached pouch.
- Behind the front panel speaker grille, there’s a 3-inch tweeter and an 8-inch massive full-range driver. And even as the back panel houses another grille covering. There’s an 8-inch passive radiator/subwoofer. For this reason, the designer had to make the speaker size big.
- The Eco trek is inexplicably a mono speaker. If you want to true stereo, you need to pair it with another unit. A few speakers have actual built-in fuses. But the Eco trek has a slow-blow fuse built-in. This can protect likely to damage the drivers with insanely loud volume levels.
- We read out about many speakers. We do believe this is the first that has two built-in cup holders on its top panel. The right-side panel and there is also a bottle opener.
- Up top, near the cup holders, the Eco trek has a full control panel. Moreover, to the traditional power, the volume which able to works independently of your mobile devices. You can master volume, play/pause, Bluetooth pairing, sound source, and track navigation buttons. There are five memory storage buttons that are P1 to P5, for AM/FM radio stations.
EQ button of ECOXGEAR EcoTrek
There’s also a very attractive option is an EQ button. You can adjust between multiple presets like Jazz, Pop, and Normal, or you can adjust the bass and treble individually. There is also a dedicated button for your phone’s voice control. Having a backlit on/off button and an EcoConnect button for pairing multiple EcoXGear speakers. There is a mic volume control for adjusting levels while using an external mic or guitar, which can connect to the side panel. This is a 0.25-inch jack, so in principle, this is also a PA system or guitar amp.
A display tells you what listening mode you’re in, as well as EQ settings, battery life status, and other relevant info near all of these controls on the top. The Eco trek features a built-in AM/FM radio too. However, its antenna is internal, so if reception is poor, to quote the manual, you must “move the entire product.” You can also stream audio wirelessly via Bluetooth.
USB charging port
The side panel houses connections for the aforementioned mic (not included). You will find there is a 3.5mm aux input, and a USB charging port for powering your devices using the speaker’s battery. Below this panel, there’s a connection for the included power cable. Both of these panels have snap-shut covers that are vital to keep closed when not in use—the speaker is not waterproof when they’re open.
Eco trek estimates battery life to be roughly 50+ hours on a full charge. You can get 10 hours service at maximum volume. So your results will vary based on your volume levels and mix of wired and wireless playback. It takes a whopping eight hours to fully charge but also has 100 hours of standby time. Eco trek has Bluetooth 4.1 streams audio wirelessly from up to 100 feet away without any obstacle like a wall. We have tested, it works very well within 50/60 feet.
Features of ECOXGEAR EcoTrek that’s the reason you would buy
- 100% waterproof and dustproof. Meets IP67 international waterproof and dustproof standard.
- Fall the EcoBoulder Plus in your pool, lake or ocean, no worries – it able to floats.
- 100-watts dynamic power amplifier for a massive sound.
- User adjustable EQ (Treble and Bass). Tune the audio output to match your listening preference.
- 3-way speaker system with 8” full-range main driver + 3” Tweeter and 8” rear-facing subwoofer.
- To play from any wired audio source there are includes 1/8” (3.5mm) auxiliary audio input jack.
- Digital AM/FM radio with 5 preset equalizer sound profiles.
- ECO TALK: Microphone built-in for Siri & Google support and speakerphone capability.
- 5V, 2.1A USB port for fast portable device charging.
- For night viewing, there are Back-lit buttons and large LED display.
AC wall power
Oversized rugged wheels and telescoping handle for easy transport. Integrated Velcro pouch for easy transport and storage of accessories. Removable IP67 waterproof phone case included for the same use and storage of your device near the water. You can connect standard AC wall power for continuous play. When using without the AC wall power, you can enjoy up to 50+ hours of playtime.
YOu can have (10+ hours at max volume levels. And up to 100 hours on standby or very low volume levels with the rechargeable battery life. Bluetooth 4.1 able to wirelessly connect from up to 100 feet away via your Smartphone, Tablet, or any Bluetooth enabled devices for streams audio.
You can pair 2 EcoBoulder Plus’s together at a distance up to 30 feet between the two speakers and listen to stereo sound. You can also pair 1 Eco trek to any other Ecoxgear speaker. This speaker supports the ECO CONNECT feature (Note: ECO CONNECT only supports Bluetooth Audio. The 2 paired ECOXGEAR speakers unable to stream AM/FM or Aux-in audio between the two speakers).
Input & Outputs features
- 5V USB out 2.1 A and 110-230V, 50-60Hz AC IN
- Aux In (3.5mm) and Video by Life with Peter
What is in the Box
- Ecoxgear Eco trek
- Power cable
- Documentation and manuals
- Waterproof cell phone bag
Sound Quality of Ecoxgear Eco trek to last long for using
As for the quality of sound, this speaker’s audio quality isn’t as good as some more expensive Bluetooth speakers. But let’s be fair: The EcoBoulder sounds absolutely loud and fine for its purpose.
Preset EQ settings
The EcoXGear ads say “Play It Loud,” and that’s something you almost do by default. It’s still a good choice for a smaller outdoor party or BBQ. We really appreciate is that the speaker comes with five preset EQ settings. The settings are like default, heavy bass, jazz, rock, and heavy treble) to give a better listening experience. If you perfectly adjust EQ buttons as per the music, you won’t realize this speaker doesn’t deliver top-notch sound.
When we tested the Eco trek as a guitar amp, this one does not impress us its sound quality so much compared to other models of this size. In fact, Eco trek is basically a mono speaker. But, it has the option to pare with another EcoBoulder+ to get stereo sound. You will get excellent performance for any outdoor party.
Bass & frequency
While Eco trek will carry 100 watts of volume over a long distance, bass will suffer. Up close, the EcoBoulder has plenty of thumps, but walk a few yards away and bass drops off significantly. That’s not the speaker’s fault—it’s physics. Subwoofer’s lower frequencies need things to bounce off of to achieve that “bass” sound.
Drivers & subwoofer
The Eco trek has 8” driver + 3” tweeter and 8” subwoofer. In our various speakers testing experience, we feel a combination with 8” driver + 3” tweeter. Its subwoofer should be a little bigger than the driver for better bass sound. If the Eco trek uses 10” subwoofer, it gives a good bass sound which most listener prefers.
Mic & FM
Those who love radio will definitely appreciate that this unit has an integrated AM/FM radio. What you will love about this model is a MIC input. So, if you want to take the party to a new level and sing along with the crowd, just connect the MIC and you are good to go.
loudest Bluetooth connection
This speaker can get insanely loud, and since its volume is independent of your phone’s. You could also really pump your phone’s volume all the way up—that’s why there’s a fuse. We advise you to slowly adjust volume levels and always start out low. However, the Eco Trek is the top three loudest Bluetooth speakers we’ve tested. And at sensible volumes, it delivers solid audio quality. While we tested in Normal EQ mode, it is certainly possible to increase or decrease both bass and treble.
Ending point from perspective about Ecoxgear Eco trek
Above all, it does everything it’s engineered to do all your needs. It’s beautifully is designing and solidly built. This will get a full charge of its battery will last a long time — for the length of the party or a whole day at the beach. And, being completely dust- and waterproof and floats, it is also a bottle opener, a radio, a cup holder and has a phone case. Finally, the Eco trek is the perfect party companion for the pool or shore. Its three-year warranty is generous and its price is fair.
In conclusion, Eco trek is one of the better-sounding outdoor speakers. We’ve tested in the massive-but-portable department. Its 100W loud sound and excellent battery life are perfect for outdoor small parties. It would get a slightly lower score for its sonic quality to us. You can compare this speaker with Sony GTK-XB, Aiwa Exos-9, and BRAVEN BRV-XXL. But, in view of the Eco trek all features, this could be the perfect speaker for many who just want to blast some tunes at their next tailgate party.